T r u s t

I feel it's cliche to write about trusting yourself, yet this idea has strong meanings for me since leaving Tampa. With the Tampa uprooting came this inevitable responsibility of how to direct my life. But there is a balance to be discovered and maintained for not trying too much to control the flow of life, grasping at it so hard that you leave claw marks. Leaving Tampa had a lot to do with my intention of having more mental space, surrounded by new environments so I can discover this balance and what I really want. It's been an interesting experience and I'm learning to authentically trust myself more. 

 Last week I went to a talk given by Vanessa Stone, the founder of Amala Foundation , here in Austin. She talked about the importance of doing the real self-work of listening to what your soul truly wants and understanding what drives your desires. Quieting your mind to hear the answers-the real answers-not the ones that come from a place of fear is so essential. And being aware of the usual random mind chatter that is habitual dialogue based in fear, separateness, distractions, and security. I loved when she then whispered with one hand to her mouth, "there's no such thing as security."

Can you relate to any of this in your own life?   

The overt solution seems to quiet your mind and listen for answers, right? Take a yoga class, meditate for hours or head to an ashram in India for awhile. Yet we can do these things and still not hear the authentic voice that has answers for us. In my recent experience I realized a few of my thought patterns had to be shaken since they travelled along with me when I left Tampa. 

I think a lot of us listen to the same voice that speaks the loudest-the conditioned voice that is survival based and has the know it all character very much based in right and wrong. And while it's important to have survival skills (the farmer has me read survivalist publications and she drives home the importance of having the Pocket Ref ) I think it's more important to let it all balance out. And it starts with an investment in trusting ourselves to listen beyond the loud voice so that we can hear if the soft, humble voice has something to tell us. 


Thanks for reading! With Love, the yogi



1 comments:

  1. I agree with some of the viewpoints expressed, but I think life is always different from what we expect it to be. A belief system remains a limited tool to comprehend the world, the need to find points of reference is very human, but every time one decides to hold on to a particular viewpoint, limitations start to set in, after all who knows.no one knows the answer.
    I must admit it can be taxing to live without a particular frame of mind and letting intuition guide you, but what you take as truth today may eventually be unvalid in the future, that`s the reason why religions,philosophies and any system of belief were created by the human mind, in order to solidify, or rather to give credential to fear based anxieties.
    The world is filled with so called spiritual people, pompous characters whose inflated ego let them dictate what they think is the proper approach, the way to go,
    this marketing base methodology makes those snake oil salesmen and women a desired commodity in our modern societies.
    The question would be as Krishnamurti stated in one of his numerous books, ``can you look at the world without the programmation, can you see in the moment, without judgement, and embrace the experience authentically, as if it was the first time it is presented to you``.
    One of my friend in Canada has joined a sort of cult called access consciousness, and it seems their methods (lucrative for the founders) have made of her a robotic entity who thinks she is making statements based on freedom of choice while repeating the same key sentences.
    Isn`t the focus on living and not so much on what most think it is or how it should be.
    That`s my question...

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

 

Visit Us On Facebook!