not always easy-breezy

Yeah, we've had some snags. And the emotional roller coaster continues as we roll on dealing with unexpected snags, completing laundry lists, and saying our good-byes within the last few days we're in Tampa. To make our departure more bittersweet, someone reached out to me this week offering a nice yoga gig that I had to turn down. Naturally my monkey mind runs manically asking if we are doing the right thing.

We've had a lot of supportive comments about our move, and even more comments such as "I wouldn't even know where to start" or "how could I possibly make a bold move when I ...."

Really, it's about planting seeds in the mind of what you want to do, then allowing the space for them to grow. Examples I use to create this space is to calm down the thinking, do more listening and trusting, and most importantly learning to be vulnerable.

Part of this process is expecting the unexpected and when it comes, Breathe, then respond the best way possible in the moment. So, I've been taking my own advice here. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not, and it may sting. But, if I was still invested in unconsciously crippling comfort and my attempts to control life and all of its facets I would just stay put where I am, no??

During a recent guitar lesson, my insightfully gifted teacher turned from music theory to life theory, stating that if you're doing something that doesn't make you scared and excited you're not doing the right thing. He added that fear can be interpreted as excitement, and I add this can actually be beneficial since excitement won't hold anyone back. So, I patiently work on the conversion of fear to excitement and lovingly respond to my monkey mind with a no thanks, not today, but thanks for looking out.

Vulnerably Yours,

~Deb





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visit Us On Facebook!